If your Google My Business profile has been suspended, it’s likely because you’ve violated one or more of Google’s policies. Google My Business profiles are suspended for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to: spammy, inaccurate, or fake information; impersonation; content that is against Google’s policies; and multiple or severe violations. If your profile was suspended, you’ll need to correct the violations and resubmit your profile for review.
In this blog you’ll learn:
- The meaning of “soft” and “hard” Google My Business (GMB) account suspensions
- Which data needs to be accurate in order to protect your GMB profile from suspension
- Why GMB looks so harshly at businesses who share office space or submit the same address
- How you can potentially avoid getting your GMB profile suspended a second time
“Soft” & “Hard Google My Business (GMB) Account Suspensions
Before we begin to discuss the most common reasons GMB profiles get suspended, let’s discuss the two types of suspensions:
- Soft Suspensions: Google My Business “soft” suspensions are when your listing is temporarily taken down from Google Maps due to a policy violation. This usually happens because you’ve been reported for spammy behavior, like keyword stuffing your business name or posting fake reviews. If you’ve been suspended, you’ll need to fix the issue that caused the suspension, and then submit a request to have your listing reinstated.
- Hard Suspensions: Google My Business hard suspensions are when your business is removed from Google Maps and the search results altogether. This usually happens because of multiple policy violations. If you believe your business has been suspended unfairly, you can appeal the decision.
If you’re experiencing either one of these suspensions, Book a Meeting with us to discuss options available to you to get your GMB account reinstated.
5 Most Common Reasons Your Google My Business Profile Was Suspended
#1. Violation of Google My Business Policies
If you violate any of the Google My Business policies, your listing may be suspended. Google may also take action against your accounts, such as disabling your access to Google My Business or Google Ads. Google My Business policies are designed to protect both users and businesses, so it’s important that you familiarize yourself with them. Some of the more common violations include creating fake reviews, adding inaccurate information, and using inappropriate language.
A few common actions that can lead to having your account suspended include:
- Multiple businesses claim to operate from your address
- Mistakes or variations of your business name appear online (there may also be duplicate profiles)
- Recent changes to your address, categories, name, website or phone number have appeared on your listing
Any or all of the above may cause your account to be flagged and suspended until further action is taken by your business to clarify any outstanding issues.
You can view the Google My Business Terms of Service on its website.
#2. Incomplete or Incorrect Business Information
Providing Google My Business with incomplete or incorrect Business Information can negatively impact your business. It’s essential to make sure that your name, address, and phone number are correct, as well as your hours of operation. Customers will be put off if they can’t find accurate information about your business, and it may cost you sales.
Ensure the following data points are correct in your GMB profile:
- Business Name
- Business Address
- Business Phone Number
- Business products or services
- Business Hours
#3. Suspicious or Fake Business Information
Businesses that submit Suspicious or Fake Business Information can be subject to being banned. This is because businesses that engage in this behavior are in violation of our terms and conditions. Businesses that submit Suspicious or Fake Business Information can also be reported to the appropriate authorities.
#4. Repeated Policy Violations
Google My Business profiles can be suspended for Repeated Policy Violations. If you have received a suspension notification, it means that your profile has been suspended and you will no longer be able to manage it. This suspension is usually the result of multiple policy violations. To appeal this decision, you will need to contact Google My Business support.
#5. Poor Customer Service
Google My Business profiles are often suspended due to poor customer service. This means that if your business receives many negative reviews, or if you fail to respond to your reviews, your profile could be suspended. This is why it’s so important to monitor your reviews and to respond to them, even if they’re negative. By responding to reviews, you show that you care about your customers and their experience.
For a complimentary digital marketing consultation, book a meeting today!
Problem Solver’s Consultants Can Get Your Google My Business Profile Back On Track
Problem Solver’s Consultants has years of successful digital marketing and design experience and has staff who love what they do. We have assisted hundreds of clients in claiming their businesses on Google My Business and assisted many others with getting their GMB profile unsuspended. We know what Google looks for and what works (and what’s frowned upon).
We provide the highest-quality copywriting and digital marketing services while charging less than what it would take to hire a full-time intern. We truly care about your success and driving positive results for your business.
Hiring Problem Solver’s Consultants will help you:
- Focus on running your business
- Work with experts
- Stay competitive in your industry online
- Understand and get measurable results
- Cut down on overall costs