Social media can be entertaining and fun, but for a lot of businesses it is also a competition.
Millions of users log on each day and see posts from friends, family, small businesses, corporations, local businesses, nonprofits, and more. Each competing for their attention and engagement.
So, how can you stand out? Besides understanding the algorithms, how can you make sure your posts, photos, and videos are more noticeable?
Here is our Social Media Cheat Sheet with a few tips to help you out…
- Use strong visuals. First and foremost, your posts need to catch the eye of your audience. Did you know that people can recall 65 percent of the visual content they see almost three days later? In your posts, keep images and video as high quality as you can. Make sure your photos and filters reflect your brand.
- Write compelling captions. Strong visuals, your theme and voice all tell your brand story. And you can expand on this by adding more context to your visuals with captions. Make sure they’re compelling and connect with your audience and create conversations instead of speaking to them.
- Run recurring posts. One way to stand out is to run recurring posts or events. This can be anything from a Q&A livestream, weekly tip or best of the week/month photo slideshow. Keep your audience coming back for more.
- Have a strategy. Most clients come to us for social media strategy help. Our team at PSC can help give you direction for your content so that it’s creative and captivating. You want everyone on your team to be on the same page, know what’s coming up and have it flushed out, scheduled and ready to run. This takes the stress and pressure off constantly be wondering what to post and when.
- Know social media image sizes. Lastly, it’s important to know and be familiar with each platform’s guidelines and image sizes. Here’s a size guide for Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn. It’s challenging to keep up with the image size guidelines, so here’s a quick breakdown…
- Profile picture: at least 170×170 pixels
- Cover photo: 820×312 pixels
- Images shared in a post: recommended 1200×630 pixels
- Profile picture: 110×110 pixels
- Individual image uploads: 1080×1080 for square and rectangular should use 4:5 ratio
- Stories: 1080×1920 pixels or a 9:16 ratio
- Profile picture: 165×165 pixels
- Pins on the main page: 236 pixels with a scaled height, minimum width of 600 pixels
- Recommended to use an image aspect ratio of 2:3 or 1:3.5 for pins
- Profile picture: 400×400 pixels
- Header: 1500×500 pixels
- Company logo image: 300×300 pixels
- Business background image: 1128×191 pixels
- Images shared in a post: 1200×627 pixels
We can help you set up your profiles, upload images and write and schedule content on all of your social media accounts.
Call us today to get a free quote and to get started!