As we move further into the 21st century, it’s becoming increasingly clear that digital marketing is here to stay. In fact, recent studies show that nearly 60% of businesses plan to increase their digital marketing budgets in the next year. With that in mind, it’s important to make sure your business is prepared for success. Let’s get started discussing how to prepare your business for digital marketing success in 2023.
In this blog, we’re going to discuss:
- How Google’s Helpful Content Update will give you benchmarks and guidance on how to make your content as useful as it can be for your visitors going into the new year
- Why New Year’s marketing efforts matter, and how to decide which pivots may work for your business as you begin a new year
- How Problem Solver’s Consultants can help you improve and align your social media strategy to what your followers expect from your brand
Contact us today to discuss how we can work together to enhance your social media strategy and marketing campaigns.
Google’s Helpful Content Update Went Live in 2022
Marketing isn’t just about putting up random keyword-stuffed content expecting your users to flock from the search engines and purchase your products. You must follow Google’s guidelines, while providing helpful and actionable content that your web visitors will love. Google’s Helpful Content Update went live in September of 2022 and impacted the Featured Snippets and Rankings in Google Search.
The goal of the update was to ensure that Google only featured the most helpful content in the Featured Snippets and that the content that appeared in Rankings was also the most helpful. The update achieved this by taking into account the engagement metrics of a piece of content, as well as its ability to answer the user’s query.
5 Easy Ways To Prepare Your Business For Digital Marketing Success in 2023
2023 is just around the corner, and it’s time to start preparing your business for digital marketing success. Here are three things you can do to get started: Make sure your website is responsive and mobile-friendly. This is increasingly important as more and more people use their mobile devices to browse the web.
#1: The Importance of New Years Marketing Efforts
The new year is the perfect time to start fresh and make sure your marketing efforts are on point. It’s a time to assess what’s been working and what hasn’t and to set new goals for the year ahead. If you want to make sure your business is successful in the coming year, you need to make sure your marketing is on point. Here are a few things to keep in mind as you plan your New Year’s marketing efforts.
Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Make sure your website is optimized for search engines
- Invest in quality content
- Use social media to your advantage
- Make data-driven decisions
- Stay up to date with the latest trends
Let’s move on to discussing what your marketing plan has to do with your business’s overall place in your industry and how you can make leaps and bounds toward exceeding your revenue goals in 2023.
#2: Carefully Map Out The Following Year’s Marketing Calendar
It’s important to take the time to sit down and carefully map out the following year’s marketing calendar. Doing this will help you stay organized and ensure that you’re taking advantage of all the opportunities that come your way. By mapping out your calendar, you’ll be able to better utilize your time and resources, and you’ll be able to make sure that your marketing efforts are more effective.
Explore your current content and marketing strategies and decide if any of these tactics may fit into your marketing plan: (before you choose to move ahead with any items on this list, have you updated your ideal customer personas?)
- Increased effort in creating short and long-form content
- Search Engine Optimization audits and an overhaul or review of new trends in SEO
- Increasing PPC ads, and/or focusing on improving organic growth on social media channels
- Investing in email marketing campaigns that match updated audience personas
- TikTok and other influencer marketing campaigns
#3: Pivot Wisely: Adjust For New or Upcoming Business Realities
When you’re entering a new year, it’s important to think hard about your current business situation and direction. Pivoting into a new area of business or offering a new service or product without careful analysis and investigation can turn into a nightmare. The same goes for hiring or letting go of staff or looking at labor costs with a myopic lens. How did your current staffing levels or marketing investment gain you more customers over the last year? Are you ready to invest more? Will this investment be worth it?
Any business can benefit from a pivot, whether it’s to adjust to new or upcoming business realities or to take advantage of new opportunities. But not all pivots are created equal. For example, if you were planning to launch a new product but then market research showed that there was not enough demand for it, you would need to pivot and adjust your plans accordingly. Being able to pivot is a crucial skill for any business owner or manager. A successful pivot (and new year) requires careful planning and execution.
Here are three tips to help you pivot wisely:
- Define your goal.
- What are you trying to achieve with your pivot?
- Assess your resources: do you have the necessary manpower, financial resources, and time to make your pivot successful?
- Plan your execution: how will you go about implementing your pivot?
- What steps do you need to take, and in what order?
By following these tips, you can increase your chances of making your pivot
#4: End of Year Email Marketing List Tasks: Don’t Be Afraid of Change!
It’s the end of the year, which means it’s time to take a look at your email marketing list and make some changes. You might be thinking, “Why to fix what isn’t broken?” But the truth is, even if your email list is working well, there’s always room for improvement.
Here are some things you can do to make sure your email list is in tip-top shape for the new year:
- Purge inactive subscribers: If someone hasn’t opened one of your emails in 6 months, they’re probably not interested in what you have to say.
- Don’t be afraid to remove them from your list.
- Update your email campaign subject lines, copy, and imagery: Give your email subscribers a refreshed set of assets that will increase their interest and up your conversion rates
- Focus on delighting your subscribers: have you run a contest that specifically targets your email list subscribers? Do you ever reach out with polls or do market research to see whether what you’re doing will ever move the needle?
#5: Maintain High Marketing Copy Standards: Flesh Out Bad Ad Copy & Imagery That Just Doesn’t Match Your Target Audience Anymore
Maintaining high standards for your marketing copy is crucial if you want to be successful. You need to be able to flesh out bad ad copy and make it more effective. To do this, you need to have a solid understanding of your audience and what they want. You also need to be able to write copy that is clear, concise, and to the point.
Here are a few guard rails you can follow to begin:
- Review grammar, spelling, and punctuation in all of your website copy and ads to avoid being labeled as unhelpful to your users (it also looks unprofessional and lazy if you don’t do this regularly, anyway)
- Be a cut above your competition: Write content that fits your niche and industry’s norms. If your leading competitors write 1000-word blog posts, try to write 1,200-word blog posts mixed with rich media video and audio to delight your readers.
- Focus on portraying first-hand expertise: does your content align with your level of first-hand expertise in a niche or area of business? Be sure to provide helpful real-world explanations, case studies, and actual examples of work or knowledge you are looking to share
- Reader satisfaction is key: ensure your readers leave having had a satisfying experience (make your content fun, interesting, and above all: worth reading!)
How Problem Solver’s Consultants Helps Small Businesses Evaluate & Plan For Business Success in the New Year
Marketing in the new year is often filled with roadblocks and major challenges. Despite the challenges ahead, your business has so many opportunities to improve, pivot, and grow. Customers are busy searching for services in your industry. It’s important to update your content, advertising campaigns, and more before your competitors end up gaining new market share. Problem Solver’s Consultants can help you hone in on digital marketing success in the new year and beyond.
Our team uses the latest software and technology along with our experience to create and execute a PPC strategy that’s right for your small business. We are certified by SEM Rush and Google for Search Engine Marketing and Advertising. Keeping these certifications current represents our commitment to the latest best practices and strategies to ensure your budget doesn’t get wasted. Come work with us, and let us help you build your brand.