A customer relationship management (CRM) system is a tool that companies use to manage all of the relationships and interactions with customers, potential customers, and employees. The goal of a CRM is to improve business relationships while helping your business grow. It helps companies stay more easily connected to customers/leads as well as helps streamline processes, and improves profitability.
A CRM tool is applicable for any business! It gives everyone in sales, customer service, marketing, business development, or any other line of business a better way to manage communication and interactions that will drive sales. It lets you store customer and prospect information, manage all marketing and email campaigns in one location and make every customer interaction available to anyone in your company who needs to know about it.
Here are 8 other benefits of using a CRM…
- It gives you a clear overview of your customers. A CRM will give you a clear vision of all of your customers, all in one place. A simple, customizable dashboard can tell you a customer’s history, order status, service issues and more. You can even include information from their social media activity such as likes/dislikes, what information they are sharing and more. With a CRM, marketers can manage and optimize campaigns with a more data-driven approach and clear understanding of every opportunity and lead.
- More accurate reporting. A CRM helps you get more detailed data and metrics from Google analytics, social media and other sources. One advantage it has over other customer relationship management systems is that you can see who exactly interacts with your company and how they got there. For example, you can track a lead who fills out a form on your landing page from a particular ad you posted on Facebook or social media account. And the best CRMs will do more than tell you which ad they came from—they will show you what a customer clicks when you send them an email, how many times they open an email, how often your sales team communicates with them, when they contact customer service and more. Detailed reporting is one of the most valuable benefits of CRM systems because you can see who you’re interacting with, trends in your sales and customer service efforts and more.
- Automates data entry. With a CRM your team doesn’t have to waste time logging emails, calls, interactions and meetings because it is all automatically collected into the system. Sales reps can also update all deals by the stage of the sales cycle they are in. From there the system handles the rest, making it the most efficient and easy sales management tool for everyone in your company.
- More personalized automation. Since a CRM tracks all activity with your prospects, it’s especially helpful at notifying your reps when they need to follow up with a prospect. Reps are reminded about follow ups and can schedule it so there’s less chance of losing a lead and more chances of converting them. Most CRMs let you set up a series of automated emails that are targeted specifically to certain audiences triggered by specific actions. With this you can create more relevant, personalized messages and drip campaigns to use in your sales cycle. Our team can help you draft and set up these email campaigns!
- Segments your customers. CRMs will allow you to create lists of contacts to follow up and communicate with based on specific criteria. You can sort contacts by data, location, company size, how far in the sales cycle they are, etc. This helps increase conversions.
- Create sales reports. CRMs help your sales team collect and organize data about leads to create sales dashboards and detailed sales reports. This way they can automate their contracts and keep track of their personal performance and goals. Sales managers find this helpful to track quotas and monitor revenue generated from sales.
- Increase team communication. Communicating with other employees and sales team members is fast and easy with a CRM. This helps sales reps learn from one another, motivate each other to reach quotas and helps reps and managers bring specific team members into deals or conversations with the click of a button. You can write and send emails all within the CRM.
- Boosts productivity. Using a CRM will boost productivity among your team. With all of the information in one central location, your sales reps can close more deals and nurture customer relationships.
Are you interested in learning more about CRMs? Or do you need help finding the best one for your company?
Our team at PSC can help you find and set up a CRM to help automate your sales cycle and improve communication within your company.
A CRM helps you focus on your organization’s relationships with the people who matter most—your customers, service users, prospects, colleagues, suppliers, and more.